Ink Blot Coasters
Project Sheet: cd865
• Adirondack Alcohol Ink
• Rubbing Alcohol
• Cotton Balls
• Coasters (Wood or Ceramic)
• Staz-On Ink pad (optional)
• Rubber stamps (optional)
• Mod Podge Hard Coat Glue or Spray Sealer
1. Wipe your coaster with a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol. Before the alcohol dries apply a few drops of alcohol ink. Use an alcohol soaked cotton ball to blend the colors to cover up all the white of the coaster.
2. Continue to add drops of ink till the coaster is to your liking.
*If you don’t like the way it’s turning out you can use the rubbing alcohol and wipe the coaster clean. This works only on the ceramic coasters, not the wood.
3. Let dry
4. If you would like to dress your coasters up a bit you can use staz-on ink and rubber stamps to stamp designs on your coaster.
5. After your coaster is completely dry. Apply 4-5 coats of sealer, letting it dry completely between each coat
6. Cut your felt and glue to the bottom of the coaster using mod podge.